Enhance Your Smile with Treatments in Cosmetic Dentistry
Even patients who practice excellent oral hygiene may dislike certain elements of their smile. If you have healthy teeth and gums, and are looking to give your appearance an aesthetic boost, treatments in cosmetic dentistry could be the solution for you. At Walnut Pond Dental in Annandale, NJ, Drs. Victoria Uryniak and Carson Ferris-Zeolla can help you achieve the dazzling smile you desire. Whether you wish to fill in gaps between your teeth, conceal minor chips, or brighten your smile, we can help you attain your goals.
What Can Cosmetic Dentistry Address?
Aesthetic imperfections can become an unwanted focal point. Flaws can be concealed and corrected with an array of cosmetic procedures. Treatments in cosmetic dentistry can address:
- Fractures or cracks
- Tooth discoloration
- Gaps or spacing between the teeth
Candidacy for Treatments in Cosmetic Dentistry
Before pursuing cosmetic treatments, you must have optimal oral health and function. Therefore, patients who are free from tooth decay and periodontal disease make excellent candidates for cosmetic dentistry. If you have more serious issues, such as gum disease or cavities, it is important to have those problems addressed first. Otherwise, the cosmetic treatment you receive will be compromised by oral bacteria.
Common Procedures in Cosmetic Dentistry
At Walnut Pond, we offer several treatments in cosmetic dentistry. Come of the most common procedures include:
- Dental Bonding: To conceal minor imperfections such as chips and cracks, a composite resin material can be applied to the teeth. Dental bonding can also camouflage discoloration that cannot be addressed with professional teeth whitening. Because minimal tooth structure is removed during the procedure, bonding can be reversed later if necessary. Composite resin can last up to ten years with proper care.
- Porcelain Veneers: Crafted from ultra-thin ceramic porcelain, veneers can mask an array of aesthetic flaws, including discoloration, gaps, and fractures. Veneers can even camouflage slightly crooked teeth by making them appear flush to the adjacent teeth. Although there are some reversible veneers on the market, most types require the removal of enamel, and are therefore permanent restorations. With proper maintenance, porcelain veneers typically last up to 15 years.
- Gum Contouring: Patients with excess gum tissue, or a “gummy” smile, can reshape their gum line for a beautiful, symmetrical appearance.
- Tooth Contouring: If you have a tooth that is too short or too narrow, a composite resin material can be used to widen and lengthen the appearance as necessary.
- Teeth Whitening: The majority of dental stains are extrinsic, and occur as a result of staining agents in our diet, such as coffee, tea, colas, and red wine. Extrinsic stains can be effectively treated with professional teeth whitening, brightening natural teeth up to eight shades lighter.
- Dermal Fillers: Patients who have lost elasticity in the skin can develop lines and wrinkles around the mouth. Dermal fillers replenish the body’s supply of Hyaluronic Acid, which supports the skin and reduces the effects of aging.
- Botox®: Also effective for reducing and eliminating wrinkles, Botox® injections accomplish this by relaxing the facial muscles responsible for the development of deep lines. Botox® can also be used in the treatment of temporomandibular joint (TMJ) disorder, due to its muscle relaxation properties.
Cutting-Edge Dentistry for Optimal Results
At Walnut Pond, our doctors and staff are committed to attending courses in continuing education so we can provide the best for our patients. By staying up to date with the latest technologies and treatment techniques, we can offer effective dental care through conservative methods.
Schedule a Consultation with Us
If you are dissatisfied with certain aesthetic aspects of your smile, treatments in cosmetic dentistry can improve your overall appearance and give you the confidence boost you need. To schedule a consultation with one of our doctors, contact us online or call our office at (908) 200-7007.